Monday, May 23, 2011

My Trip Abroad

Hello Porch Pals!

I was both motivated and uplifted by Nina's morning meeting with us. She talked to my soul. Enough that coming home to the dog impacted, performing two dog baths, racing into town for a birthday gift, forgetting to change my clothes first, and skipping lunch, was manageable. Pretty much.

A snappy suggestion from the youngest to hit Border's Bookstore gained consent.

Yikes! I was starving! A decaf, nonfat, iced latte, and a chair by the window gave me some relief. What happened next, changed my afternoon! I decided to dive into the British Edition of Country Living Magazine. My "higgledy-piggledy" emotions quieted and I became a rover in a rustic new land.

I discovered a book called, Shropshire Teashop Walks, by Judy Smith. I was introduced to a fantastic pig named Rhubarb. Then I visited a fairytale English wedding in West Sussex. I learned how to plan the "perfect bathroom" and caught up with accentuating the colours of an arrangement by displaying it in a planter of similar shades. 

In my reverie I baked Rhubarb and Orange Loaf Cake, and toured the Aston pottery collection of hand-stencilled jugs. I admired the avian artwork of Richard Allen, lovely watercolors! Shopping, dreaming, speaking the local lingo, living vicariously through a proper English mum.

No passport required! Latte, optional.


Warmly, 
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment