Monday, May 9, 2011

When He Says It First

Welcome, Porch Pals!

Seriously, it was hard to wake up! The alarm sounded and just for a minute I wanted to say, "I don't wanna go. Can I stay in bed today?" I'm just being honest. Last weekend was prom, and the Saturday Meeting, and...

But then I rolled over and our eyes met (through one-eyed squints!) and he said, "Happy Mother's Day!"

How many times have you stopped to consider, reader, what it must be like to be a husband and to put your trust into a wife with your home and children all day long?

As a new mother, while visiting my husband's family, I overheard a conversation between my husband and his mother.
"Does she like being a mother, Son?"
"Yes, and she's good at it. Really good at it."

That exhibit of respect and trust has lasted decades. So, Sunday morning when he said it first, before the greeting cards, the boys, or a meal out, I felt loved, and happy. Happy to be a mother, for him. Raising boys is a back-breaking, tear-inducing, continually amped, super-charged, daytime drama. By God's infinite grace alone, he has allowed me to share four walls with two boys and their father.

Thank you for rolling over and starting the day that way!

Warmly,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment