Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cummerbunds and Corsages



Good Morning, Sweet Friends!

I have not abandoned my post, but have been researching data on all sorts of topics. There are books to consider for summer reading, some eye-opening nutrition facts, and a host of other subjects that I want to share over the next few months.

Dear friends, how was your Resurrection Sunday? I became very excited on Saturday night. It is so much more difficult to believe the Easter story than it is to believe in the birth at Christmas, isn't it? I mean babies are natural, but bodies being raised from the grave are supernatural! I have to say that I have put all of my hope in this faith, and I'm so happy to know that the grave will not hold me! Amen?!

We were invited to have dinner with a family from church. I drove the mother to church and I have to tell you about this amazing woman. She is blind. I have always been captivated by her charm, elegance, and sweet ways. The thing is, she's so capable! So, we're driving to church, and she puts her face on. She does her make-up. I cannot do that. Her face looked flawless. After church she hosted seventeen of us. No big deal. Everything was beautiful. I love to watch her in action. She teaches me so much!

Our household has been buzzing with activity. The youngest just wrapped up a pet-sitting job and is considering trading in his dirt bike for a laptop. And the oldest is considering prom.

We will be purchasing a purple tie and cummerbund to match the purple dress of an undisclosed certain young lady. As of last night, the couple will be joining several others for a formal evening together. This young lady was Student of the Month, she is extremely hardworking, and if Minnie Mouse could come to life, she would be a perfect representation-very cute!

I had to peek at Dan Carney's contribution to MSNBC, in the business section, where he wrote, Seven Unique Ways To Drive to the Prom. I must admit that my favorite was the vintage British steel, a '59 Silver Cloud Rolls-Royce. I would love to be in the passenger seat, riding next to The Man in that one. Cruising along an English back road with a picnic basket!

I am going to enjoy a DIY pumpkin latte and read aloud with my favorite middle-schooler.

Have an excellent day,

Alis

1 comment: