Friday, April 15, 2011

My Little Purple Book, Part 2

He can't wait to present it to me. The little flower on the front, with its' purple center and bright blue petals makes it just too cute to put away.

The front cover has the letters M-O-M written vertically, and horizontally they begin the words, Memories of Mom.

I've never shown him my little purple book, but he has witnessed the answered supplications throughout his young life. He has been protected, provided for and preserved.

And this is some of what it says,

Peanut M&M's with mom.

Mom takes me to the park and buys me a little pumpkin.

My seventh birthday party- pizza and "Inspector Gadget".

First day of school. P.S. Best teacher ever!

Me and mom go to Apple Hill for the day.

I take mom to get her a teacup, she loves it!

Mom helps me pick sunflowers out for grandma.

Thank you for believing in me so much!


My little book means more to me than anything. It takes me back to a time when a little boy fell in love with his mom. It reminds me of the instruction and training he had. Soon, his heart will belong to another. The little book is no more than 2" square, but it's enough room to stow my heart.


Warmly,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment