Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Little Purple Book, Part 1



Years ago she gave it to me. And when she did, I examined it and pondered over what to use it for. Spiral bound and only twenty pages or so, and measuring 2" square it was not suitable to contain much. The little flower on the front, embellished by gold cord ribbon, made it just too cute to put away. I decided I'd use it to write prayers in for my sons. For several days I considered what to pray for in respect to their futures, their character, and their faith. Once the petitions were written and recorded in my book, I read them in the pediatrician's office, in line at the store, waiting for AWANA to get out...


This is some of what it said,

I pray that sickness and infirmity will have no place or power in their lives.
Ps. 107:20

I pray that foul language would feel like gravel in their mouths.

May weeping be a guest that only stays for a night. Ps. 30:5

May the truth of your Word be firmly established in their hearts so that faith will grow daily and navigate their lives. Help them to trust you at all times.
1 Tim. 1:12

Take away any loneliness or low self-esteem that would cause him to seek out less than God glorifying relationships.

Pain is a part of life in this world- when pain does happen, protect them in the midst of it, so it will be for their betterment and not their destruction.

I have chosen you and not cast you away. Is. 41:9

Let any lying spirit be uprooted in our home, because the Lord detests lying lips. Prov. 12:22

Choose life...

Fast forward seventeen years. Dear readers, I still have my little purple book.
It fits neatly into the pocket of most of my purses. My friend Tanya might like knowing the function that her little book took on.

What a privilege to beseech an Almighty God on behalf of the children he grew inside you. As their mother.


Warmly,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, new friends! I'm so glad you found a place on the porch. Come often, stay long, and help with the dishes!

    ReplyDelete