Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Dear Memory




Salutations Sweet Friends!

I was just recollecting the weekend's activities. We witnessed a whirlwind of meaningful events. Precious readers, sometimes I say to myself, "Dear Memory, please make a pretty scrapbook page of this in my mind."

Some of the blessings I can recount:

The demure look on her face when she discovered I was carrying a birthday bag with chocolate pie inside.

A living room full of girls watching Tron!

A liberal compliment from a unprejudiced four year old who thinks that I smell like granola bars... (the good kind).

Two brothers asleep on adjoining couches who fell asleep spending time together.

A dog, a boy, and snuggling by the fire, waiting for dad to come home.

One light-hearted traveler home safe and sound, toting volumes of books and satiated with stories.

Cutting paper flowers from cardstock 'til my fingers hurt.

A charmed breakfast with two at a tasty spot in town.

Receiving a bag of favorites from Whole Foods from a pillar of support in my life. My best friend.

Homemade soup from my walking partner which coated a sore throat with pure delight! Sweet Potato!

The headship of a husband, exercising the kind of love that Christ did and does for his church.

Ripe pears ready to be made into a perfect pear cake!

An overdue conversation with my sweet sister and the satisfaction of catching up with her.

Blessings to you,

Alis

1 comment:

  1. Love your list Alisa. Missed you this week!

    ReplyDelete