Wednesday, March 2, 2011

She Was Thinking About You




A Blessed Morning To You!

"Hi, This is Alis from Comfort and Joy Gift Baskets. I have a very special delivery for you."

I don't want to sensationalize this story. What I do want is for the person who will answer that phone call to know that she was on her mother's mind. Her mother ordered the basket and then went home to be with our Lord a week later.

I want her to know the tenderness in her mother's voice as she described her to me. I want her to know that her upcoming birthday was important to her mother. I want to tell her, "She was thinking about you!"

I feel very passionate about this project. Even still, I hit walls in my efforts. There was a photo album in my mother's things after her accident. She told me several times that she was working on a special gift for me. She had created in her own way a picture story-book of my life. There were pages opposite the pictures where she had planned to write text. If the words were there, they would say she was thinking about me.

I have humbly asked God to help me with this very important work. Above all, I pray for the basket's recipient. I pray that she would know the comfort and joy I pack into that basket. From a mother, to a daughter, with love...

Please pray,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. Praying. I see the hand of Providence written all over this project Alisa.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete