Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Fragrant Home



Good Morning Sweet Friends!

The morning is already advancing with accelerating speed. My to-do list is longer than my get-up-and-go. Fernando Ortega echoes, "Give me Jesus..."
and I am taken by the song writer's petition for Christ at three specific events:
in the morning when I rise, when I am afraid, and when I go to die.

I have just received a shipment of merchandise for the baskets from one of my favorite vendors. Scented candles in all their welcome fragrance from Pure Integrity Candles.

As spring approaches and temperatures become milder I will delight in filling my home with the aromas of lemongrass, sage, honeysuckle, and lavender. I would love for my dear readers to enjoy these special candles. You might visit their website or order from me.

Did you know that God's word describes our service to Him as fragrant when it is offered in the right aspect. It is only pleasing to Him when it comes from a heart that presents it with joy. In my business, presentation is everything! So it is with God. Where are your motives this morning?

I believe that in the morning, when I rise, is the perfect time to petition Jesus. To ask for that grace that I will need today. To plead for the strength that I will require. To pray, boldly for his guidance and praise humbly for his gifts and his character. To want more of Him.

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere."
2 Corinthians 2:14

May your sweet service be an influence for his gospel today.
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment