Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bed Rest

Victoria Rose Graphics



    "Give me summer weather in my heart."


Dear Friends,

Today finds me sick in bed. In decades past I would have tried to sweat it out, literally "stepping" to music that motivated me to move up and down, and sweat. What a silly notion to think I could perspire a bug right out! Later, came the "clean it " years. With some bleach and sanitizing wipes I'd give each germ walking papers!

More recently, I have learned to embrace this rest. It has afforded me time to pray for a neighbor who is sick with cancer. I spent most of yesterday thinking about her, and what she must be thinking about. I will not complain about this cold. I am more content to knock on the doors of heaven and intercede for my friend. For this I am grateful. Thank you God for purposeful rest.

Quote is from The Valley of Vision.

With warmest regards,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better Alisa. Yes, life in the slow lane does have some advantages. Praying for your friend here too.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete