Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When the Whole Thing is Just Too Much!

Sweet porch friends, I have a confession to make. Cooking a turkey is a challenge for me! Last year, I bought my half-priced, day-after Thanksgiving turkey, and it was too large for the oven. I had black, billowing smoke surging from the windows, even with the fan on, because there was not adequate air space surrounding my bird! Well, that's for the birds!
I bought a turkey breast from Zacky Farms this year and I have been renewed! It took no time at all. I still creatively put together all the traditional sides, but did not have any stress from a long-necked Tom!
We will have plenty of leftovers for the sandwiches that we so love.
Next turkey time, make a thyme-roasted turkey breast, if you can get away with it.

Swinging with you from the porch,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alisa! I just love your blog!! Hopefully I can get mine cute and up and running soon. They we can be two blogging addicts! Love you.

    ReplyDelete