Thursday, December 2, 2010

Help! I Don't Feel Anything!

It's been a few weeks since the "anniversary". Every year I've tried to do something productive for someone else on that day. Sure, in the middle of preparing a meal, visiting a sick friend, or delivering an eye-pleasing bouquet, my mind has gone there. The voices that announced the news, the smell that lingered, the shaking and disbelief...
Until this year. Those familiar phone calls stopped. Nobody checked in. I didn't rush to the cemetery. Frankly, I didn't feel anything. And that's when I began to question what kind of person I must be!
Phrases from the world whispered to me, "See, you're over it! You're just like everyone else. Your heart has moved on."
The good news is that I didn't buy it. I did feel something, and it was perfect peace. Peace that I can't explain. A peace so internalized, that it could only come from one place, one person. Do you know Him?
If He could take that woman, rocking in a fetal position on the kitchen floor, almost vomiting from pain and loss, and transform her into someone who wants to tell you, dear readers, that it does get better, than imagine what he can do for you!
You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Is.26:3

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those
with whom he is pleased.
Luke 2:14


Have another cup, stay awhile,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alisa, My heart is there for you. I thank God for the peace He is growing in your heart as the time passes. I'm so thankful He brought us together.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete