Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dress Code

This morning the patio is a sheet of thin ice. Brrrr! I'll be wearing my layers today. In our region appropriate dress is so important, because the weather changes so often.

Some of us are required to wear certain clothing to the workplace. There are strict guidelines where I work. In fact, it is a violation not to dress to code.

There are benefits to uniforms. School uniforms help us to easily identify students. Red and tan wardrobes help us to pick out who works at a large supercenter.

As Christians we have a dress code. When I put on anything other than that attire, it is like walking barefoot into a diner. I'm just not dressed like I should be.

In Ephesians we are instructed to "take up the whole armor of God." That includes the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, shoes of readiness, the shield of faith, and the helmet of salvation. Even a sword, which is the word of God.

There is a reason for putting on that outfit. It helps us to withstand the evil that comes our way.

Just yesterday, I was reminded about dress codes. My son forgot to wear his belt. Then I came across a woman at UPS, who let me know that she wanted to race. We both had our eyes on the finish, a better place in line, and she used her training in hurdles to overcome me. I was dressed appropriately and so I let her win. (This time!)

What will you put on today?

Slipping and sliding on the porch,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. My 1st time on a blog.
    Great post! This time of year it is SO easy to SLIP on the porch when we are stressed. (:
    Love you!
    Merry Christmas!
    Donna Russell

    ReplyDelete