Thursday, December 16, 2010

Your Honor

Greetings from the porch!

My husband built our wrap-around porch, one summer with the sun too hot against the back of his neck. He set the brackets for the posts, framed the concrete, poured the concrete, set the posts, framed the ceiling, and painted. To my delight, the porch added space to our space. Suddenly, I had a place for pots, benches, and buckets of life, overflowing. Pots of tomatoes, pots of blue and red potatoes, pots of daisies, and roses, and squash. Oh my stars, how I admired his work.

He is the one person that I honor.

Some of the most beautiful words about love ever written are found in Song of Solomon 8:6-7.

"Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the Lord.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
If a man offered for love
all the wealth of his house,
he would be utterly despised."

So, love is:

1) Unyielding in marriage, as death is to life

2) Intense, like the brightest flame

3) Invincible, even when flooded by difficulty

4) So priceless that it cannot be bought, only given away.*

* Notes from John Mac Arthur Study Bible.

I am so grateful for the one that God has placed over me. It is a privilege to value and esteem him and honor him, because it is the Lord's will.

Love is a lot like building a porch. Laying a foundation, framing, and setting posts to keep it strong.

Where are your affections? Who is hearing your praises?

"My beloved is mine, and I am his..." Song 2:16



From the porch,

Alis

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Alisa. I love those verses!
    (And you are blessed to have a husband that is easy to love!)

    ReplyDelete