Monday, December 20, 2010

Who I Am



I am more sinful and flawed than I ever dared believe. Grace won't be amazing if I don't embrace that truth.

I am more loved and welcomed than I ever dared hope.

I am completely forgiven and God has no wrath left for me. If I can't believe that than I haven't embraced the cross and what it says.

As I "prepare Him room" I am humbled that He would come as a Savior for someone like me. The reality of that makes me want to work with excellence toward getting my heart and home ready.

It is my prayer for you, dear readers, that today you'll focus on the reason we celebrate Christmas.

Joy to the world! the Lord is come; Let earth receive her King; Let every heart prepare Him room,
And heav'n and nature sing, And heav'n and nature sing, And heav'n, and heav'n and nature sing.

He rules the world with truth and grace, And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness, And wonders of His love, And wonders of His love,
And wonders, and wonders of His love.

Isaac Watts, 1719
George Friedrich Handel, 1742



Wonder at His love,
Alis


The notes in italics are from Elyse Fitzpatrick, Shepherd's Conference, Grace Community Church.

The deadline for giveaway entries is Wednesday.

I love you K. in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment