Tuesday, December 14, 2010

God With Us



I'm embellishing Christmas cards this morning while I watch the wind cause havoc to the bundles of greenery, tied with red ribbons, on the pillars of the porch. It's blustery!

But inside, as I prepare to mail tidings of joy to family and friends, I am captivated by this verse, "Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Is. 7:14
Last Sunday our pastor pointed out that the world never asked for Him. Did you catch that? Would you stay in a dumpster downtown and never want to crawl out? He came because He loved us, that much. You shouldn't spend another Christmas wondering if He loves you. Your Christmas could be different this year. There is Good News to send! It doesn't have to end on December 26. Consider Christmas. Consider love.

..."Thy infinite love is a mystery of mysteries, and my eternal rest lies in the eternal enjoyment of it."*

It's still raining my dear readers. It's not cold enough this morning to snow.
These pretty little cards from the Dollar Tree that only needed a ribbon to turn them into something lovely are a perfect rainy day project.

..."When I feel the tender rain, may I think of the gospel showers that water my soul."*

Immanuel, God with us.

Have a blessed day,
Alis

*The Valley of Vision- A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions
Arthur Bennett 1975

2 comments:

  1. I love how you are encouraging others for the glory of Jesus Christ! I think you need to write a book, I know I'll be first in line to buy it. Thanks for sharing the recipes, I get excited when I read them; makes me want to hop in the kitchen and make them. May the Lord continue to bless you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What grace that He would come without being invited by sinful man.
    God bless you Alisa.
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete