Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear Memory



Salutations Sweet Friends!

I was just recollecting the weekend's activities. We witnessed a whirlwind of meaningful events. Precious readers, sometimes I say to myself, "Dear Memory, please make a pretty scrapbook page of this in my mind." Life is an interrupted series of days isn't it. It is penetrated with joy and trespassed with pain. It is slow and purposeful and intensely speedy. I don't want to forget a single frame, but would rather store them in my head with pretty corners and lovely backgrounds.

So, please remember...

boys laughing so hard they couldn't speak, boys rolling on the floor with joyful giddiness,

Tiny fingers sifting through a first birthday cake, stained with pink frosting
and beaming, grinning parents,

red roses at a funeral home in honor of a friend,

little man pausing to send messages over the net in the middle of a sleep-over, just to say hello,

a congregation full of get well-wishers and
contented hugs from cheerful children hearing the story of baby Moses in a basket,

man-child covering the set-up and prep at church that the man couldn't do,

a late run for chicken and frozen yogurt with my true love,

a merry maiden in a bright yellow coat, smiling...

Thank you God for a weekend of memories.

What is in your scrapbook?

Warmly,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment