Friday, February 4, 2011

Fly



Sweet Porch Pals,

I'm constantly watching their nests for signs of development. Will the one they've raised for its allotted time spring forth this morning and fly on its own? Do they hope the flight will be flawed thus requiring more time for the fledgling to mature? In their selfishness do they desire to hold on and hold tight rather then let fly?

Lord, let me release, willingly. Let me rejoice when they're fledged and they are ready for independence. Remind me that they are not eggs which will fall from the tall tree and break. They are the nourished, chirpy chicks with the aerodynamics to fly. To soar.

And help me to hold close to my heart this little poem,

Be like a bird that, halting in its flight,
Rests on a limb too slight.
And feeling it give way beneath him sings,
Knowing he has wings.

Selected. Author Unknown.

I will continue to keep watch this morning over tea.

I will keep these lessons from the birds in my heart. And I will pray for the wisdom to know when to hold on and when to let go. I will devote myself to keeping the feeders full. I will not get weary of splitting worms. I will help prepare for the solo flight. It is my job, it is being a mother.

With best regards,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment