Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our Affections



A Very Good Morning to You!

Last night was a peaceful time here. I made a cozy casserole with a homemade creamy white sauce and tuna. Then I made a loaf of shallot and blue cheese quick bread. We had a fire burning in the wood stove. My husband and I took time to share a hot drink together and talk about the day. It was a refuge from great gusts of wind blowing outside.

After dinner I was able to do homework for a class we're taking. It was all about the Scriptures. Immediately I was taken back to a quote I heard last year, " Every word of the Bible is designed to increase our affection for Christ."

I would like to invite you to revisit Psalm 19 today. There are four things listed there that the Scriptures accomplish in us. They include, reviving the soul, making wise the simple, rejoicing the heart, and enlightening the eyes.

The Scriptures are not there just to inform us, but to affect us. As Rick Holland said, "Love denotes affections." What is governing your emotions, your mind and your heart? Where is your soul inclined to lean? Those affections were meant for Jesus.

He is upholding everything right now readers. Just fill in the blank. My marriage, my children, our finances, my health, our home, my friends, my work,... If you don't know that, then at least know about who you are refusing.

Have a terrific day!

Swinging with you,
Alis

1 comment: