Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Marked By Expectation

photo by Jon Sullivan

Good Morning Porch Pals!

Last night I came across one of the most endearing little notes ever written by my youngest child. He had written to the UPS delivery driver regarding his school book order. He was going to start first grade. Printed on the outside of a large wide-margined piece of newsprint he wrote, "Opn It Up." On the reverse side he penned, "Too the yoops man. I won too hav mi scul bcs!" He taped this special message to a pole in the front yard. Then he waited, watched, and rested.

What a heart full of hope! He was expecting results. He believed the school books were coming.

What are you expecting? What are you waiting for? A weekend, or a day off? Test results, an interview outcome, a financial need to be met? A child to regain his independence? It's as simple as writing it out on that worn yellow paper.
"Open It Up." And, "To the UPS Man- I want to have my school books!"


"Dear God..." And, "I ..."

The next thing is to wait, watch, and rest.




Believing With You,
Alis





No comments:

Post a Comment