Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Atleast A Hamster Knows Where It's Going


Happy Wednesday Friends!

We have reached mid-week and the familiar "hump day". In other words, if you've made it this far, the rest of the week gets easier. I start counting how many bagged lunches left to make, how many trips to school, how many more water bottles needed, how many more lessons to teach...until Friday. You see, I'm addicted to order.

That is why when some people compare themselves to a hamster on a treadmill I envy them-at least a hamster knows where it is going!

Chaos is difficult for me. It reminds me that I am not in control. Despite planning, schedules, and routines, I am not the one who orders my day and that can be scary. Unless, I understand the reason for disorder in my life. And I do.

The reason for disorder is to point me to the One whose order is perfect. If my day was left up to me I might miss every place and situation He had intended for me to go.


A Prayer

When my world is unsettled,
Please come.
When my world is undone,
Please come.
When all seems lost to chaos and storm,
Please come
And show me that I am still in the
hollow of your hand.

c.d. baker



Nahum 1:3 says, "In whirlwind and storm is his way." The book I'm currently reading asks this question, "What's keeping me from trusting the whirlwind?"
For me friends, it's insecurity. As women, we desire pledges from those around us that they will not change or suddenly go away. We long to feel guarded and protected. Chaos threatens the security guard I had posted at my heart's gate! It wants to violate my life's boundaries!

However, as C.D. Baker states, "In the end, God is working out all things for good. (See Romans 8:28). This God of whirlwinds and disruption whom we follow will ultimately prove himself to be 'not a God of disorder but of peace'. (See 1 Corinthians 14:33). And that's a comfort."

I will leave us with another question that Baker solicits, "Where do I think God is when life gets turned upside down?"

Nothing extraordinary is upsetting my system right now. I am in a season of much thankfulness for all that I have. Family that loves me, friends that seek me out and a Heavenly Father who is always thinking about me. I am learning to trust Him with all the results.

I do not know what this day will bring, however I am sure of the One who will bring it. "Therefore what looks like chaos never is." (Baker)

Swinging with you,
Alis


The book is 40 Loaves, Breaking Bread With Our Father Each Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment