Thursday, January 13, 2011

Out In The Fields With God


Out In The Fields With God

The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Among the fields, above the sea,
Among the winds at play;
Among the lowing of the herds,
The rustling of the trees,
Among the singing of the birds,
The humming of the bees.

The fears of what may come to pass,
I cast them all away,
Among the clover-scented grass,
Among the new-mown hay;
Among the husking of the corn,
Where drowsy posies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born-
Out in the fields with God.

-Elizabeth Browning







Sweet Friends,

I invite you to venture outdoors today. Even if it's only for a few minutes, the fresh air will be rejuvenating! Most of us have spent the winter inside, and the outdoors provide a reminder of the promise that spring will come. We live in an area where there is snow, and so it becomes habit to keep the stove going, shovel the walk, park facing the sun, keep the wood covered... however, inhaling those quick icy breathes of air can be just what our bodies need to get us moving!

"Recreation's purpose is not to kill time, but to make life; not to keep a person occupied, but to keep them refreshed; not to offer an escape from life, but to provide a discovery of life."  Author Unknown

What will you discover today? I'd love to hear about it!

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!

Blessings,
Alis

1 comment:

  1. I am rejoicing for friends like you that God has given to me as a gift. I treasure you and thank you for your blog. I will let you know later what we discover :) We don't need to know where we are going as long as we know that God is leading.........lead on!

    ReplyDelete