Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What is Your Home Saying?

Words are weighty. They are powerful. Words can lift, words can crush. They can cause elation, or extreme suffering. As people, we carry a lot of power in our words.

I love words! In fact, I have them all over our home. On a walk through our house last night, these are some of the words the walls said,

"Count Your Blessings"
"Alisa's Kitchen"
"Live, Laugh, Love"
"Comfort and Joy"
"God Bless Us, Everyone!"
"Rejoice"

In our master bathroom, on the mirror, I have a love note that my husband wrote to me when we were dating. It reminds me to "love the man of my youth."

What does the world tell us? Here are a few examples of what the world says,

"You didn't stick to your resolution last year."
"You could have tried harder."
"You're not good enough."
"You look tired."
"Your house is too small."
"You need to work more."
"Now if you had their life..."
"You're old-fashioned."

It is refreshing to come home to a place that speaks positive words. There are times when only the walls speak them. Don't forget to ask yourself, before you say what you're about to say, "How will this affect my soul? Their soul?"

May our words be weighty today. May they carry in them power to restore, to encourage, to bring comfort, and to proclaim life into their receiver.

Swinging with you,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment