Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dinner Designs



Good Morning!

The weather has been beautiful! I was able to take a power walk with a friend and not wear a jacket. The snow has disappeared and the mud is drying out. Little green leaves are peeking out from the dark dirt. I know it's only January and that winter will return, but I'm treasuring all this sunshine!

I thought I'd share this week's fare in the kitchen. These menus are designed to help us flourish this week and to provide sustenance for the season that we're in. When I prepare a menu there are things that I like to keep in mind.
Can I shop from the pantry and use staples already here? What can I rotate right out of the cupboard? Which fresh foods are in season? How is my budget? Can I utilize eggs, beans, or rice to fill in the gaps? Have I provided a variety and do I have an emergency meal in case our plans change?

Be inspired by these ideas and use them to help you. I will not take the time to type out the recipes, however I will be happy to forward them to you if you leave me contact information.

Sometimes when I hear what other families are eating it jostles my memory into retrieving old favorites.

* Roasted chicken thighs in olive oil,
 steamed organic bunch carrots,  rustic
cheesy-dill bread, and Rocky-Road ice-cream with 10-second Nutella sauce.

* Parmesan-crusted tilapia, sauteed broccoli, rosemary potatoes.

* White Bean Soup, leftover cheesy-dill bread, romaine salad with champagne dressing and shaved Parmesan.

* Whole roasted chicken (great sale at Safeway this week!), mashed potatoes, spring peas.

* Turkey burgers, raw carrot sticks with ranch sauce, white corn tortilla chips.

* Pizza and salad.


We just watched the movie, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. If your family's favorite dinner could rain right out of the sky, what would that be? Don't forget to involve them in your menu planning. Their input counts.

"For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things." Ps. 107:9


Happy planning,
Alis

No comments:

Post a Comment